A COLLECTION OF AHLBORN FAMILY RECIPES


Saturday, May 1, 2010

Honey's Banana Bread


FYI: Today's recipes are brought to you per request of Elder and Sister Ahlborn. I welcome all recipe requests as they keep away blogger's block in my tired, new mommy brain. Thanks!
----------------------------

Honey is my mother-in-law. When Pete and I were engaged, his sister told me that their mom had always liked the idea of being called "Honey" by her future grandchildren. Eight years, three marriages, and six grandchildren later, Honey is about all that Peter's mother gets called these days. It fits both because she's about the sweetest person around and because she makes such tasty food. Peter could live off of her banana bread, so it's good that the recipe makes a lot.

HONEY'S BANANA BREAD

Ingredients:

2 cups granulated sugar
6 Tablespoons vegetable or canola oil
2 eggs
6 large and ripe bananas, mashed well
5 cups all-purpose flour
7 tsp. baking powder
2 tsp. salt
1 1/2 cups milk

Directions:

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Grease and flour three large loaf pans.

In a large bowl, whisk together the sugar and oil. Beat in the eggs. Add the banana. Sift together the dry ingredients. Add one third of the flour mixture to the banana batter. Stir in half of the milk. Continue mixing in the flour and milk alternately just until the batter is moist and combined.

Divide the batter evenly between the pans and bake for 55-60 minutes until golden brown and a toothpick comes out clean.

1 comment:

John and Anna said...

This recipe seems so simple and yummy! I think I'll try it. I'll probably have to add chocolate chips though, because that is a requirement in the Swenson household for any Banana Bread.

Oh and PS.. Can I make a request? I actually just checked your blog to see if you have posted your DELICIOUS Yummy Rolls. I've been craving them and NEED this recipe! So please, Please, PLEASE share. No hurry though. Ha Ha! :)